Thursday, August 3, 2017

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong



Publication: September 7, 2004
Publisher: Penguin Group/Plume
Source: Purchased my own copy.
Elena Michaels is the world’s only female werewolf. And she’s tired of it. Tired of a life spent hiding and protecting, a life where her most important job is hunting down rogue werewolves. Tired of a world that not only accepts the worst in her–her temper, her violence–but requires it. Worst of all, she realizes she’s growing content with that life, with being that person.
So she left the Pack and returned to Toronto where she’s trying to live as a human. When the Pack leader calls asking for her help fighting a sudden uprising, she only agrees because she owes him. Once this is over, she’ll be squared with the Pack and free to live life as a human. Which is what she wants. Really.


So one weekend in April, I discovered the Bitten tv series on Netflix and decided to watch it. I was surprised to find out that the show was based on the book series written by Kelley Armstrong. I love Kelley Armstrong’s writing. Well I devoured all three seasons and was super bummed to find out that the show was cancelled. I always find out about the good stuff late! Because I wanted more, I checked out the books online and ended up purchasing the audiobook.


The narrator, Aasne Vigesaa did such a great job with this book. I loved how she portrayed Elena, Clayton, Jeremy, and the other characters. Elena is living a good life with her live in boyfriend Phillip in Toronto. She still struggles with the change of shifting from human to wolf, but for now it’s under control.

“He had told me so much. That I’d been sure I knew him completely. Then I found out how wrong I’d been. Sometimes that deception was worse than being bitten.”

She thought that she was done with the pack until she gets a call from Jeremy...the pack Alpha. Then she has no choice but to return home to find out what is happening.
At home, she discovers that the pack is being targeted. Bodies are being disposed of on their property. Everyone in the pack is tasked with finding clues and the culprit. Things quickly escalate and it takes everyone rallying together as a family to go up against the threat.

Bitten was a great book. It started off a little slow, but I really enjoyed listening to it. The characters are unique and interesting. The storyline was easy to follow and get into.  My only disappointed is that the second book that follows has a different narrator, so I am going to be reading the next book instead of listening to it. I am curious to see where the author takes these characters in the following books...especially compared to the events in the tv show.



RATING: 5 out of 5




BUY THE BOOK:

Amazon | B&N | Google | Kobo

Books-a-Million | iTunes | Book Depository





Join the Addiction:


No comments:

Post a Comment